Updates and Events
Shaping America’s Education Agenda
Event Date and Time:
January 14, 2021 - 6:30pm
“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Rainbow PUSH is thrilled to launched in November 2020 a new virtual town hall series, called Shaping America’s Education Agenda. This series was designed to serve as a springboard to help shape the future of our country’s education policy. The second discussion in this series will focus on Dr. King’s Dreams for Equity in Education, in honor of Dr. King’s birthday this month. We invite you to join us and our distinguished group of panelists for thought-provoking discussions focused on the extent to which Dr. King’s dream has been realized as it relates to equity in education. What policies do we need to implement to see his dream through?
Register online at pushexcel.org/educationagenda.
Speakers and Panelists include:
- Moderator: Dr. Sonya Whitaker, National Education Policy Director of PUSH Excel
- Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, Sr., Founder and President of Rainbow PUSH Coalition
- Dr. J. Malveaux, President of PUSH Excel
- Dr. Nicol Turner-Lee, Director of the Center for Technology Innovation and Senior Fellow, Governance Studies of the Brookings Institution
- Mr. Ralph Martire, Executive Director of the Center for Tax and Budget Accountability and Arthur Rubloff Endowed Professor of Public Policy at Roosevelt University
- Dr. Fadhilika Atiba-Weza, Executive Director of National Alliance of Black School Educators
- Dr. David Wilson, President of Morgan State University