Updates and Events
Education Law: A Year in Review
Event Date and Time:
June 25, 2018 - 12:00pm to 5:00pm
THE EDUCATION LAW AND POLICY INSTITUTE presents the 5th Annual Education Law: A Year in Review.
This seminar will address important developments in the area of education law during the past year. The topics will include the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), the Illinois State Board of Education inquiry regarding special education in Chicago Public Schools, the new evidence-based school funding model for Illinois, and updates on special education law and the 2018 legislative session. Please join us for the seminar and a reception following.
- Ralph Martire, Center for Tax and Budget Accountability
- Stephanie Jones, Illinois State Board of Education
- Mark Weber, DePaul College of Law
- Nicki Bazer, Franczek Radelet P.C.
- Amanda Elliott, Illinois State Board of Education
- Kathryn Vander Broek, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Robin Steans, Steans Family Foundation
- Benjamin Boer, Advance Illinois
- Kedda Williams, Partners for Each and Every Child
- Dr. Rebecca Vonderlack-Navarro, Latino Policy Forum
- Elliot Regenstein, Foresight Law + Policy
The Illinois MCLE Board has approved this program for 4.25 hours of general MCLE credit. The seminar and MCLE credit are offered free of charge. Lunch will be provided.
For more information and to register: https://www.luc.edu/law/centers/childlaw/institutes/child_education/educationlawayearinreview/