Volunteer & Intern Opportunities
Health Policy Internship – Center for Tax and Budget Accountability
The Center of Tax and Budget Accountability ("CTBA") is seeking a Health Policy Intern to join our team until December 2021.
The mission of CTBA is to identify and develop rigorous, non-partisan, data-driven analyses and public policy recommendations that will improve the fiscal health of Illinois. CTBA’s principal goal is to ensure major policy systems work to promote social and economic justice. The internship project will provide interns the opportunity to research data on prescriptions management programs.
The Health Policy Intern would assist the office’s efforts in a variety of ways:
- Research policy initiatives in healthcare, particularly Illinois’ Prescription Management Program (PMB)
- Examine financial documentation for state- and local-level public agencies
- Assist in collecting, validating, and verifying data; creating and analyzing datasets
- Drafting a memo to summarize data
- Current undergraduate/graduate student
- Proactive, inquisitive and shows initiative in performing research duties
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment and ability to balance multiple projects at a time
- Honesty and Integrity in reporting research findings
- Possess writing skills geared towards white papers, one-pagers, executive summaries, and a variety of other policy memos
- Excellent documentation of research sources and analytical methods
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Interest in translating complex policy ideas into public-facing communications
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and R
The CTBA Internship is currently unpaid. As a result of COVID-19, the internship is fully remote. Interns will need to have access to their own computer. Interns will ideally work 10-15 hours a week, but hours are flexible and we will work around your schedule.
Interested applicants should send a brief e-mail introduction and attach a copy of their resume Allison Flanagan at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “CTBA Policy Internship.”
The Center of Tax and Budget Accountability is an equal opportunity employer.