Updates and Events
2012 Fiscal Symposium
Income Inequality, Economic Growth and Fiscal Policy: How Do They Relate?
April 27, 2012, CTBA’s 11th Annual Fiscal Symposium, Income Inequality, Economic Growth and Fiscal Policy: How Do They Relate?, featured keynote speaker Josh Bivens, Acting Research and Policy Director at the Economic Policy Institute, and a panel of policymakers and experts from the fields of academia and business. CTBA released the following reports and/or fact sheets at the event.
The event was moderated by Craig Dellimore, Political Editor, WBBM Newsradio 780 and 105.9 FM. Panelists included:
- Illinois State Representative John E. Bradley, 117th District-Marion and Chair of the House Finance & Revenue Committee
- Illinois State Senator Toi Hutchinson, 40th District-Olympia Fields and Chair of the Senate Revenue Committee
- Professor David Merriman, Associate Director and Professor, Institute of Government and Public Affairs, University of Illinois at Chicago
- David Miller, President & CEO, Illinois Biotechnology Industry Organization (iBio)
- Illinois State Representative Don Moffitt, 74th District-Gilson
- CTBA's Testimony and Presentation to the Pension Conference Committee
- The Case for Creating a Graduated Income Tax in Illinois
- Issue Brief: Shifting the Normal Cost & Employer "Pick-Ups" for Teachers