All Press Items
A group of Chicago experts have written short articles outlining ways to save and generate MAJOR revenues for Chicago.The organizer and editor is Tom Tresser (www.tresser.com) and the book is based on this Huffington Post Chicago from September 2015: http://tinyurl.com/We-Are-Not-Broke-HP.
The book follows this outline:
1. Preface - Why this book, Tom Tresser
2. How to Think About Budgets - Ralph Martire of the Center for Tax and Budget Accountability - http://www.ctbaonline.org
Section 1 - Money That Is Stolen From Us - That We Did NOT Have To Spend
3. The cost of corruption in Chicago - Prof. Dick Simpson, University of Illinois at Chicago - http://pols.uic.edu/political-science/people/faculty/dsimpson
4. Toxic Bank Deals - Jackson Potter, Chicago Teachers Union - http://www.netrootsnation.org/profile/jackson-potter
5. The Cost of Police Violence - Jamie Kalven, Invisible Institute. - http://invisible.institute/jamie-kalven
Section 2 - Money That Is Hidden From Us
6. Tax Increment Financing - The Off the Books Slush Fund - Tom Tresser.
Section 3- Money That We Are Not Collecting
7. A Progressive Income Tax For Illinois - Hilary Denk, Co-Chair, Issues Committee of the Board of the League of Women Voters Illinois - http://denkmediation.com/about-hilary-denk
8. What a LaSalle Street Tax Would Do For Chicago - Ron Baiman, Assistant Professor of Economics in the Graduate Business Administration program at Benedictine University -https://www.linkedin.com/in/ron-baiman-05186113
9. A Public Bank For Chicago - Amara Enyia, PhD, former candidate for mayor, Public Policy Consultant, Principal of ACE Municipal Partners - https://www.linkedin.com/in/amara-enyia-0ab93064
Conclusion, Final Box Score Number of Proposed Revenues, Call To Action - Jonathan Peck, former President and Chief Executive Officer of the Tucson Urban League has over 25 years experience working within the community development field facilitating projects, coalitions, and alliances at the neighborhood, citywide, regional, national and international levels. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathantdpeck